Lake Norman Humane
Lake Norman Humane is a small rescue that provides dogs and cats with shelter, food, socializing, fostering, and eventually a loving home.
110 Robinson Road (at 150) Mooresville, NC 28117
- Monday afternoon drop-in time for students who would like to socialize and play with the cats, 1:00-3:30 pm.
- Volunteer applications list most potential volunteer roles. Not all roles will be available at any given time. The current adoption center hours are M-Fm 10am-4pm.
- They have a limited number of spaces open during the weekend adoption fairs so dates are reserved in advance to give more interested students an opportunity to volunteer.
- They run an animal food bank for families in Iredell County needing assistance feeding their animals. They always welcome food and supply drives to keep it full!
- Student-designed projects are welcome! The also take a few senior Capstone projects a year.
- Lake Norman Humane offered two afternoons of craft projects and animal presentations this summer, and will be adding adding more, likely over holiday breaks. Students can check the Facebook for announcements and sign up information
- Please bring volunteer applications by the adoption center or submit online through our website. They're happy to answer all your questions and if you have a specific project or goal, they'll try to help you meet it. Please be patient. They reply to applications as quickly as possible.
- They are always looking for new foster families for dogs and cats. There's no obligation or cost.
*There are some age guidelines for hands on volunteering with animals. Some roles require a parent to volunteer as well under age 16. Most roles are 12 and up, but the organization is working to develop more opportunities to include younger volunteers.*